Autumn Term 2017 - The Mighty Oaks
Welcome back to our wonderful
Once upon a time…
We will focus on the following texts:
Author study: Judith Kerr and Francesca Simon.
- The children will read guided reading books and library books.
- The children will take part in shared reading with the Horrid Henry series.
- The children will do author studies this term on Judith Kerr and Francesca Simon.
- The Mighty Oaks will read for pleasure to The Little Acorns.
- Use a dictionary.
- Develop as an independent reader.
In writing I will:
- Be an independent learner and follow my hot targets.
- Create a character passport.
- Write a letter to The headteacher to explain why Henry isn’t horrid – link in with feelings and emotions.
- Write a playscript of the story.
- I will write a chapter introducing a new character.
- Take part in shared writing of another Horrid Henry story.
- Take part in guided writing to help me.
In Maths I will:
- Count from 0 in multiples of 4, 8, 50 and 100.
- Recall and use multiplication and division facts for the 3, 4 and 8 multiplication tables.
- Solve problems, including missing number problems, involving multiplication and division, including positive integer scaling problems and correspondence problems in which n objects are connected to m objects.
- Add and subtract fractions with the same denominator within one whole [for example, 5/7 + 1/7 = 6/7].
- Count up and down in tenths.
- Estimate the answer to a calculation and use inverse operations to check answers.
- Compare and order numbers up to 1000.